Clash Of The Travel Face Masks
There’s no escaping that post-pandemic a new breed of travel must-haves has emerged. We’ll be reviewing them this week, so check in daily for our latest reviews.
Now mandatory on airplanes and depending on which country you are in on public transport too, which means that it’s time to let go of those single-use travel masks, which would better serve and be more plentiful in availability for front line workers and invest in a more permanent one, which is durable, washable, reusable and better for the environment.
In just six short months we have seen innovations in mask designs, colours, patterns, and even sizes. We put two of our favorites in a direct head to head and these are our findings.
First, let’s start with some mask-wearing housekeeping
CAUTION – Remember to wash your hands before putting on the mask and after taking it off and try not to touch the front of your mask when you’re using them. Keep your mask protected when not using it, by keeping it in a ziplock bag.
Tom Bihn Reusable Cloth Face Mask – Comes in two types – offer a twist-tie or mental clamp that you can use to form around your nose for a bespoke – just for you fit), along with being able to tighten and loosen the ear loops.
- 100 % double layered cotton mask.
- The texture of the cloth is soft and stretchy
- Available in Small/Medium and Medium/Large for people with beards – now that is what you call considerate.
- Comfortable Non-Elastic ear handles and neck loops
- Customizable nose bridge – comes with a pre-inserted twist tie.
Mystery Ranch – promising its customers a combination of safety and style Mystery Ranch Street Masks – I know, I’m not in love with the name either – the mask is available in two sizes and incorporates contouring like the adjustable nose bridge piece for a more structured fit and an internal mask lining.
- Stretch TPU headband and cord lock adjustment doesn’t pull hair
- Seamless area over the nose for non-irritating, all-day comfort
- Non-woven, tight-cell structured liner fabric provides better filtration
- Tailored to avoid contact with the lip and mouth to avoid chaffing
- Dual bands with cord lock adjustment allows mask to hang from neck when not in use
- 3D bendable nose piece shapes to the exact contour of the nose bridge and face for an all-day fit.
So which one did we love the best….without sounding like a cop out – we loved them both….equally. They both did exactly what they said they would and in these extraordinary times, you really can’t ask for much more.
Travel Gadgets Must Haves.com is a participant of the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. The program is designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, Amazon Supply and the Amazon Supply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com Inc or its affiliates.
Travel Gadgets Must-Haves.com product reviews, may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, we will earn a commission at no extra cost to you. These commissions help us to improve and grow the site. All Travel Gadgets Must-Haves reviews are completely independent and wholly impartial and we hope they assist you in your purchasing decisions.